(Yield: 20 popcorn balls)
2/3 cup unpopped popcorn
1 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
6 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Butter or margarine
- Pop popcorn according to package directions; remove unpopped kernels. Combine popcorn with almonds in large bowl.
- Stir together teriyaki sauce and ginger.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Insert candy thermometer; continue boiling until mixture reaches 265ºF., or a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a hard ball. (Do not stir mixture while boiling.)
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Add teriyaki sauce mixture, about 1 Tbsp. at a time, and stir until mixture stops bubbling; pour in thin stream over popcorn, tossing until popcorn and nuts are well coated. Cool slightly.
- Butter hands; shape mixture into desired sizes of balls and place on waxed paper.
On the purchase of any TWO (2) Kikkoman Products 10 oz. or Larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.