Home Cooks > Recipes > Halibut Paella
(Yield: 4 servings)
small onion, finely chopped
1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no salt added stewed tomatoes
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
3/4 pound fresh or thawed halibut fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic in hot oil in large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, vinegar, turmeric, pepper, bay leaf and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, marinate halibut in mixture of less sodium soy sauce and pepper sauce 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle halibut mixture and peas evenly over rice. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove from heat; discard bay leaf. Gently combine fish and peas with rice; cover and let stand 1 minute before serving.