Home Cooks > Recipes > Teriyaki Glazed Shrimp Slaw
Yield: Yield: 6 servings
36 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Teriyaki Takumi Collection,
Original Sauce, divided
3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
1/3 cup bottled oil and Kikkoman Seasoned Rice Vinegar
1 (16 oz. pkg.) coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
18 slices bacon, cut in half and partially cooked until limp
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place shrimp in a large sealable bag. Add 1/4 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Takumi Sauce. Shake until evenly coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small jar, shake together 1 tablespoon Original Sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, and dressing until sugar is dissolved. Place coleslaw in a large bowl. Pour contents of jar over top. Toss to evenly coat. Let set at room temperature until serving time.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove shrimp from bag and drain. Discard liquid. In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup Original Sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar and pepper. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp. Secure with toothpicks. Place in 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour Sauce mixture evenly over top.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crisp.
- Just before serving, toss slaw again then drain well. Divide slaw onto six serving plates then top each with six shrimp. Garnish if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe submitted by Mary S., runner up winner of the Kikkoman Teriyaki Takumi Challenge Recipe Contest.