(Yield: 6 servings)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce
6 soft French rolls, split
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
Fresh cilantro sprigs
Prepare Xa Xiu. Blend mayonnaise and hoisin sauce; spread rolls with mixture. Layer bottom roll halves with cucumber, jalapeno and Xa Xiu and cilantro; cover with top halves. *Xa Xiu
(Vietnamese-style "BBQ" Pork):
- Combine 1/3 cup Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce, 2 Tbsp. honey and 1 Tbsp. tomato ketchup; remove and reserve 1/4 cup mixture.
- Stir 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce into remaining mixture; pour over 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each) in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat pork. Refrigerate 1 hour, turning over once.
- Bake pork on rack of broiler pan in 375°F. oven 20 minutes. Preheat broiler. Brush both sides of pork with reserved hoisin mixture.
- Broil pork on same pan 4 inches from heat source 10 minutes, until meat thermometer registers 155°, turning pork over once and brushing occasionally with remaining hoisin mixture. (Do not overcook.) Let pork stand 5 minutes; cut across grain into thin slices.
- Use to make Bahn Mi or serve over rice.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.