Home Cooks > Recipes > New Year Sweet & Sour Spareribs
(Yield: 4 servings)
3-1/2 pounds pork spareribs
1 can (8 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple
3/4 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
2 bags Success White or Brown Rice
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons minced green onions and tops
- Cut ribs into 2-rib pieces; sprinkle both sides with garlic salt. Place ribs in large,shallow foil-lined pan, meaty side down. Bake in 450ºF oven 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple; reserve 1/4 cup juice. Combine reserved juice with sweet & sour sauce, pineapple, brown sugar and ketchup; set aside.
- Remove ribs from oven; drain off fat.
- Spoon about 1/4 of pineapple mixture over ribs; turn ribs over and spoon remaining 3/4 of mixture evenly on top of ribs. Reduce oven temperature to 350º F and bake ribs 45 minutes.
- Cover ribs loosely with foil; bake 10 minutes longer, or until ribs are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions, adding soy sauce to boiling water; drain. Toss rice with butter and green onions in bowl until butter is melted and rice is evenly coated. Serve with ribs.