(Yield: 6 servings)
1-1/2 pounds beef for stew
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (16 oz.) cling peach slices
1/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 bay leaf
1 large onion, chunked
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ripe bananas
- Cut beef into 1-1/2-inch chunks; brown on all sides in hot oil in Dutch oven or large pan.
- Drain peaches; reserve syrup. Add enough water to peach syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into pan with teriyaki sauce, red pepper and bay leaf. Cover pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir in onion, cinnamon and garlic powder; simmer, covered, 20 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and 1/4 cup water; stir into beef mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- Cut bananas into 1-inch chunks. Stir into beef mixture with peach slices; heat through. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.