(Yield: 6 servings)
1-1/2 pounds beef for stew
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (16 oz.) cling peach slices
1/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 bay leaf
1 large onion, chunked
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 ripe bananas
- Cut beef into 1-1/2-inch chunks; brown on all sides in hot oil in Dutch oven or large pan.
- Drain peaches; reserve syrup. Add enough water to peach syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into pan with teriyaki sauce, red pepper and bay leaf. Cover pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir in onion, cinnamon and garlic powder; simmer, covered, 20 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and 1/4 cup water; stir into beef mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- Cut bananas into 1-inch chunks. Stir into beef mixture with peach slices; heat through. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.