(Yield: 6 servings)
2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice
1/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 pound fresh yams or sweet potatoes, peeled
1 large onion, cut into eighths
- Cut pork into 1-1/2-inch cubes. Coat in mixture of flour and ginger; reserve 2 Tbsp. flour mixture. Brown pork on all sides in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Reserving juice, drain pineapple. Add reserved juice, teriyaki sauce and 1 cup water to pork. Cover pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cut yams into 2-inch chunks. Add to pork; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in onion; simmer, covered, 20 minutes longer, or until pork and yams are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved flour mixture and 3/4 cup water; stir into pork mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- Stir in pineapple; cook just until heated through.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.