Home Cooks > Recipes > Hawaiian Pork Stew
Yield: Yield: 6 servings
2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice
1/3 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1 pound fresh yams or
sweet potatoes, peeled
1 large onion, cut into eighths
- Cut pork into 1-1/2-inch cubes. Coat in mixture of flour and ginger; reserve 2 Tbsp. flour mixture. Brown pork on all sides in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Reserving juice, drain pineapple. Add reserved juice, teriyaki sauce and 1 cup water to pork. Cover pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cut yams into 2-inch chunks. Add to pork; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in onion; simmer, covered, 20 minutes longer, or until pork and yams are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved flour mixture and 3/4 cup water; stir into pork mixture and cook until slightly thickened.
- Stir in pineapple; cook just until heated through.