(Yield: 4 servings)
3 pounds beef short ribs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour, about
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Coat ribs thoroughly with flour; reserve flour. Brown ribs slowly on all sides in hot oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan; drain off excess fat.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, cloves and 1-1/4 cups water; pour over ribs. Cover and simmer 2 hours, or until ribs are tender, turning ribs over occasionally.
- Meanwhile, blend 1/4 cup reserved flour and 1/2 cup water.
- Remove ribs to serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour pan drippings into large measuring cup; skim off fat. Add enough water to measure 2-1/2 cups; return to pan and bring to boil. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Cook and stir until thickened; serve with ribs.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.