Home Cooks > Recipes > Greco-American Beef Kabobs
(Yield: 4 to 6 servings)
4 large patty-pan squash (about 1 pound), quartered
1-1/2 pounds boneless tender beef steak, 1-1/2 inches thick
1 large red bell pepper
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
2 large bay leaves, each broken into 4 pieces
1 large clove garlic, pressed
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crumbled
6 (12-inch) metal skewers
- Arrange squash in single layer in microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave on High 7 minutes, rotating dish after 4 minutes. Drain squash; cool.
- Meanwhile, cut beef into 1-inch squares and bell pepper into 18 pieces; place with squash in large plastic bag.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, oil, vinegar, bay leaves, garlic and oregano; pour into plastic bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat all pieces well. Marinate 30 minutes; turn bag over frequently.
- Thread beef and vegetables alternately on skewers, leaving space between pieces. Discard marinade.
- Grill or broil 5 inches from hot coals or heat source 4 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired degree of doneness.