(Yield: 4 servings)
2 whole chicken breasts, split
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts, washed
1/2 cup slivered green onions and tops
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon non-fat milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Cantaloupe quarters or papaya halves
- Simmer chicken in mixture of 1 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce and 2-1/4 cups water 15 minutes, or until no longer pink in near bone; remove and cool. (Refrigerate stock for another use, if desired.)
- Skin and bone chicken, shred meat with fingers. Place in bowl with carrot.
- Pour boiling water over bean sprouts and green onions. Drain; rinse under cold water to cool and drain thoroughly.
- Combine with chicken and carrot. Blend mayonnaise, remaining 2 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce, milk, sugar, celery seed and pepper; pour over chicken mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend.
- To serve, fill cantaloupe or papaya with about 1 cup chicken mixture.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product 10 oz or larger.