(Yield: 4 servings)
2 whole chicken breasts, split
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts, washed
1/2 cup slivered green onions and tops
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon non-fat milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Cantaloupe quarters or papaya halves
- Simmer chicken in mixture of 1 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce and 2-1/4 cups water 15 minutes, or until no longer pink in near bone; remove and cool. (Refrigerate stock for another use, if desired.)
- Skin and bone chicken, shred meat with fingers. Place in bowl with carrot.
- Pour boiling water over bean sprouts and green onions. Drain; rinse under cold water to cool and drain thoroughly.
- Combine with chicken and carrot. Blend mayonnaise, remaining 2 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce, milk, sugar, celery seed and pepper; pour over chicken mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend.
- To serve, fill cantaloupe or papaya with about 1 cup chicken mixture.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.