Ingredients (Yield: 4 servings)
6 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, divided
1/2 teaspoon medium-grind black pepper
4 salmon steaks, each about 3/4 thick
4 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves (stems discarded)
Tomato Zucchini Relish*
- Combine 4 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce and pepper; pour over salmon in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat salmon well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Rosemary Aioli. Measure remaining 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce, garlic, mayonnaise and lemon juice into food processor or blender container. Cover and process until blended. Gradually pour in oil through opening in lid and process until mixture is smooth. Add rosemary, processing only until rosemary is finely chopped.
- Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place on grill 4 to 5 inches from medium coals. Cook 6 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with fork, turning over once and brushing with fresh teriyaki sauce. (Or, broil salmon on rack of broiler pan 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until salmon flakes easily with fork, turning over once and brushing with fresh teriyaki sauce.)
- To serve, spoon desired amount of Rosemary Aioli over salmon. Serve with Tomato Zucchini Relish. *Tomato Zucchini Relish: Cut 3/4 pound tomatoes in half; seed, drain and chop (about 2-1/2 cups). Combine tomatoes with 1/4 pound zucchini, chopped, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring well to blend flavors. Chill until ready to serve. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.