Home Cooks > Recipes > Apricot Bran Muffins
(Makes 12 muffins) 1 cup wheat bran cereal
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1-1/4 cups Pearl
Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix together bran, apricots and soymilk in medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes, or until bran is softened.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Beat egg and oil into bran mixture; pour all at once into flour mixture, stirring only until flour is moistened.
- Evenly spoon into 12 (2-1/2-inch) greased muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated 400ºF. oven 18 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.