(Makes 4 to 6 servings)
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and
cut in 1-1/2-inch lengths*
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1-1/2 cups Pearl Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
and coarsely chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, soy sauce and 1/3 cup water in small bowl until smooth.
- Cook and stir oil, garlic and red pepper in medium-size saucepan over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir flour mixture and whisk into saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until mixture is blended and thickened.
- Gradually stir in soymilk; cook and stir until sauce thickens and is hot, about 2 minutes (do not boil). Add parsley and lemon peel; remove from heat.
- Stir artichokes into pot with fettuccine and asparagus; drain.
- Add pasta and vegetables to sauce mixture. Stir until all pieces are evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately. *Asparagus can be substituted with 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.