(Makes 4 to 6 servings)
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and
cut in 1-1/2-inch lengths*
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1-1/2 cups Pearl Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
and coarsely chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, whisk together flour, soy sauce and 1/3 cup water in small bowl until smooth.
- Cook and stir oil, garlic and red pepper in medium-size saucepan over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir flour mixture and whisk into saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until mixture is blended and thickened.
- Gradually stir in soymilk; cook and stir until sauce thickens and is hot, about 2 minutes (do not boil). Add parsley and lemon peel; remove from heat.
- Stir artichokes into pot with fettuccine and asparagus; drain.
- Add pasta and vegetables to sauce mixture. Stir until all pieces are evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately. *Asparagus can be substituted with 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.