(Makes 4 servings)
3/4 pound fettuccine
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 pound bacon, chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 cups Pearl Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Pinch ground nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding peas during last 1 minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; pour off all but 2 Tbsp. drippings.
- Add wine and garlic to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until slightly reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add soymilk, soy sauce and nutmeg; cook, stirring occasionally, just until sauce is hot (do not boil).
- Remove 1/2 cup sauce and whisk into eggs. Pour egg mixture into pan; cook and stir until sauce is well blended. Remove from heat. Cover pan to keep sauce warm.
- Drain fettuccine and peas and return to pot. Add sauce and bacon; cook and stir over low heat until heated through and pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.