Home Cooks > Recipes > Peppermint Chocolate Mousse
Yield: Makes 6 servings
2 cups Pearl Chocolate
Organic Soymilk, divided
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup non-dairy whipped topping
8 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies,
- Combine 1/4 cup soymilk and gelatin in small bowl, stirring until gelatin is completely moistened.
- Blend together sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in medium-size saucepan. Gradually stir in remaining 1-3/4 cups soymilk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture starts to simmer. Continue to cook and stir 2 minutes, reducing heat as needed to prevent mixture from boiling.
- Remove about 1/2 cup soymilk mixture and whisk into egg. Pour egg and gelatin mixtures into saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and peppermint. Pour into a medium-size bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1-1/2 hours, or until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites, stirring mixture every 30 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping into chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoon cookie crumbs into bottoms of 6 custard or dessert cups; spoon in 1/4 cup chocolate mixture on top. Repeat layers. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until set.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top just before serving.