(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 chicken breast, skinned and boned
2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
4 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 pound bok choy cabbage*, washed
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 onion, chunked and separated
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Cut chicken into narrow strips. Mix 1 Tbsp. each cornstarch and teriyaki sauce with ginger; stir in chicken. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 3 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce and 3/4 cup water.
- Cut bok choy crosswise into 2-inch wide pieces.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 1 minute; remove.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. remaining oil in same wok. Add bok choy stems, onion and mushrooms; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add leaves; stir-fry 1 minute. Add chicken and teriyaki sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. *Or, use romaine lettuce instead.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.