(Yield: 4 servings)
1 thawed duckling, quartered
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger juice*
2 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 1/4-thick slices
2 green onions and tops, cut into 1-inch lengths
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Wash duckling quarters; dry with paper toweling. Rub thoroughly with 2 Tbsp.soy sauce; let stand 15 minutes.
- Brown slowly in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet; drain off fat.
- Add sherry and garlic. Cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until tender, turning quarters over once. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Spoon off and discard fat from pan juices; return 1/3 cup pan juices to pan. Add remaining soy sauce, ginger juice, celery and green onions; cook 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup water; stir into pan. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. To serve, spoon sauce over duckling quarters. *Press enough fresh ginger root pieces through garlic press to measure 1 teaspoon.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.