(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 pound fresh or thawed medium-size shrimp,
rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no salt added tomatoes
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) no salt added whole kernel corn
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 pound bay scallops, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 green onion and top, minced
Dash white pepper
- Shell and devein shrimp, placing only shells in large saucepan. Rinse shrimp; drain.
- Pour 3 cups water over shells; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid is reduced in half.
- Strain liquid; discard shells and return stock to saucepan. Stir in tomatoes, corn, less sodium soy sauce, sherry and lemon juice; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes.
- Blend cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water; stir into soup. Bring to boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in green onion and pepper; serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.