(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 pound fresh or thawed medium-size shrimp,
rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no salt added tomatoes
1 can (8-3/4 oz.) no salt added whole kernel corn
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 pound bay scallops, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 green onion and top, minced
Dash white pepper
- Shell and devein shrimp, placing only shells in large saucepan. Rinse shrimp; drain.
- Pour 3 cups water over shells; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid is reduced in half.
- Strain liquid; discard shells and return stock to saucepan. Stir in tomatoes, corn, less sodium soy sauce, sherry and lemon juice; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes.
- Blend cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water; stir into soup. Bring to boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in green onion and pepper; serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.