(Yield: 24 appetizer servings)
1 large chicken breast half
4 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
2 packages (8 oz. each) low calorie cream cheese, softened
1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons lowfat milk
1/2 cup chopped green onions and tops
1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, packed
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
1/2 cup fresh or canned roasted red peppers,
diced and blotted dry
Green onion brush and cilantro leaves
- Cook chicken in mixture of 1 Tbsp. soy sauce and 2 cups water in covered saucepan 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center; cool. Remove skin and bones; shred meat with fingers.
- Place both types of cream cheese in large bowl. Stir in 2 Tbsp. soy sauce and milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until smooth. Mix in chicken and green onions.
- Place cilantro, parsley, almonds, oil, garlic, lemon peel and remaining 1 Tbsp. soy sauce in food processor bowl; cover and process until coarsely pureed.
- Line 4-1/2 x 8-1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, extending wrap 3 to 4 inches past edges of pan. Arrange green onion brush and cilantro leaves on plastic wrap. Spread about 1/3 of cream cheese mixture to cover garnish and bottom of pan. On top of cream cheese mixture evenly spread about 1/2 of cilantro mixture, then 1/3 of cream cheese mixture, red peppers, remaining cilantro mixture and end with remaining cream cheese. Fold plastic wrap over to enclose. Refrigerate 6 hours, or overnight until well chilled.
- To serve, unfold plastic wrap and invert loaf onto serving platter; discard plastic wrap. Serve with crackers.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.