(Yield: 24 appetizer servings)
1 large chicken breast half
4 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
2 packages (8 oz. each) low calorie cream cheese, softened
1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons lowfat milk
1/2 cup chopped green onions and tops
1-1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, packed
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
1/2 cup fresh or canned roasted red peppers,
diced and blotted dry
Green onion brush and cilantro leaves
- Cook chicken in mixture of 1 Tbsp. soy sauce and 2 cups water in covered saucepan 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center; cool. Remove skin and bones; shred meat with fingers.
- Place both types of cream cheese in large bowl. Stir in 2 Tbsp. soy sauce and milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until smooth. Mix in chicken and green onions.
- Place cilantro, parsley, almonds, oil, garlic, lemon peel and remaining 1 Tbsp. soy sauce in food processor bowl; cover and process until coarsely pureed.
- Line 4-1/2 x 8-1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, extending wrap 3 to 4 inches past edges of pan. Arrange green onion brush and cilantro leaves on plastic wrap. Spread about 1/3 of cream cheese mixture to cover garnish and bottom of pan. On top of cream cheese mixture evenly spread about 1/2 of cilantro mixture, then 1/3 of cream cheese mixture, red peppers, remaining cilantro mixture and end with remaining cream cheese. Fold plastic wrap over to enclose. Refrigerate 6 hours, or overnight until well chilled.
- To serve, unfold plastic wrap and invert loaf onto serving platter; discard plastic wrap. Serve with crackers.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.