Ingredients (Yield: 6 servings)
2/3 cup canned vegetable broth
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces baked tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2-1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 ready-made refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed
- Blend together broth, flour and salt until smooth.
- Sauté celery in hot oil in large skillet over high heat 1 minute. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes longer. Stir in tofu and stir-fry sauce.
- Stir broth mixture; pour into skillet. Bring to boil; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in peas and carrots. Pour into 2-quart round casserole dish.
- Top with pie crust; fold under excess dough and flute edges, pressing dough onto dish. With sharp knife, make six 3-inch long slits in crust.
- Bake in 400°F oven 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. (Cover edges with foil after 20 minutes if crust browns too quickly.)
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce.