(Yield: 6 servings)
2/3 cup canned vegetable broth
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces baked tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
2-1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
1 ready-made refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed
- Blend together broth, flour and salt until smooth.
- Sauté celery in hot oil in large skillet over high heat 1 minute. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes longer. Stir in tofu and stir-fry sauce.
- Stir broth mixture; pour into skillet. Bring to boil; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in peas and carrots. Pour into 2-quart round casserole dish.
- Top with pie crust; fold under excess dough and flute edges, pressing dough onto dish. With sharp knife, make six 3-inch long slits in crust.
- Bake in 400°F oven 30 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. (Cover edges with foil after 20 minutes if crust browns too quickly.)
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.