Home Cooks > Recipes > Gratin of Red and Black Berries
(Makes 3 to 4 servings)
2 cups PEARL® Organic Soy Milk Creamy Vanilla
2 tablespoons arrowroot
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt
1 cup blackberries, rinsed well
1 cup blueberries, rinsed well
1 cup raspberries, rinsed well
2 to 3 tablespoons maple granules
1 to 2 sprigs fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F and lightly oil a 1-quart shallow baking dish.
- Combine soymilk, arrowroot, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan, stirring until arrowroot dissolves.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; cook until soymilk mixture is warmed through. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and just starts to simmer (do not boil). Set aside to cool slightly, stirring occasionally, so it doesn’t set.
- Arrange berries in the prepared baking dish. Spoon soymilk mixture over the berries, filling the dish completely.
- Sprinkle generously with maple granules and bake until the granules have melted and the sauce starts bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, scoop into individual dessert cups and garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Christine Pirello, star of a PBS television show.