(Makes 9 to 12 servings)
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup semolina flour
Pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Scant pinch cardamom
1/3 cup light olive or avocado oil
1/3 cup brown rice syrup or honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 to 2/3 cup Pearl Creamy Vanilla or
Green Tea Organic Soymilk
2/3 cup finely chopped walnut pieces
1/2 cup unsweetened raspberry preserves
1/2 cup brown rice syrup or honey
Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and lightly oil a 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- Prepare batter by mixing together all dry ingredients. Mix in oil, rice syrup and vanilla. Slowly stir in soymilk to create a stiff, but spoonable batter.
- Make the filling by mixing ingredients together.
- Spread half the batter over the bottom of the baking dish. Spoon filling over the batter, covering completely. Spoon remaining batter over the filling, covering completely.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is firm to the touch, 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Recipe courtesy of Christine Pirello, star of a PBS television show.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.