(Makes 9 to 12 servings)
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup semolina flour
Pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Scant pinch cardamom
1/3 cup light olive or avocado oil
1/3 cup brown rice syrup or honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 to 2/3 cup Pearl Creamy Vanilla or
Green Tea Organic Soymilk
2/3 cup finely chopped walnut pieces
1/2 cup unsweetened raspberry preserves
1/2 cup brown rice syrup or honey
Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and lightly oil a 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- Prepare batter by mixing together all dry ingredients. Mix in oil, rice syrup and vanilla. Slowly stir in soymilk to create a stiff, but spoonable batter.
- Make the filling by mixing ingredients together.
- Spread half the batter over the bottom of the baking dish. Spoon filling over the batter, covering completely. Spoon remaining batter over the filling, covering completely.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is firm to the touch, 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Recipe courtesy of Christine Pirello, star of a PBS television show.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.