(Makes 8 to 10 servings)
2-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup semolina flour
Generous pinch fine ground sea salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
Scant pinch ground cinnamon
Scant pinch ground nutmeg
Scant pinch dried thyme
1/2 cup light olive or avocado oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (approx) Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk
2 Granny Smith apples, seeded, diced, do not peel
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and lightly oil and flour a standard bundt pan.
- Whisk together flours, salt, baking powder and spices. Mix in oil, honey and vanilla. Slowly mix in soymilk to create a smooth, spoonable cake batter. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake until the top of the cake springs back to the touch, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, undisturbed, for 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving plate.
- Make the glaze by combining ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. When the honey foams, simply spoon over cake, allowing glaze to run down the sides of the cake.Recipe courtesy of Christine Pirello, star of a PBS television show.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.