(Makes 8 to 10 servings)
2-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup semolina flour
Generous pinch fine ground sea salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
Scant pinch ground cinnamon
Scant pinch ground nutmeg
Scant pinch dried thyme
1/2 cup light olive or avocado oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (approx) Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk
2 Granny Smith apples, seeded, diced, do not peel
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and lightly oil and flour a standard bundt pan.
- Whisk together flours, salt, baking powder and spices. Mix in oil, honey and vanilla. Slowly mix in soymilk to create a smooth, spoonable cake batter. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake until the top of the cake springs back to the touch, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, undisturbed, for 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving plate.
- Make the glaze by combining ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. When the honey foams, simply spoon over cake, allowing glaze to run down the sides of the cake.Recipe courtesy of Christine Pirello, star of a PBS television show.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.