Home Cooks > Recipes > Sirloin Steak with Colorful Vegetables
Yield: Yield: 6 servings 1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium pattypan squash
1 medium yellow crookneck squash, cut in half lengthwise
1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
1 medium-size red or green bell pepper
6 medium-size fresh mushrooms
6 (8-inch) metal or bamboo skewers*
1-1/2-pound boneless beef sirloin steak, about 1-1/4 inches thick
- Combine soy sauce, wine, cilantro, onion powder and black pepper.
- Cut squash and bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Bring about 1 quart water to boil in large saucepan; add squash. Remove pan from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain squash; rinse immediately with cold water until completely cool. Drain thoroughly.
- Thread squash alternately with pepper on skewers, ending with mushroom.
- Place steak and vegetable kabobs in large shallow pan; pour marinade over all. Brush steak and kabobs thoroughly with marinade. Marinate about 30 minutes, turning steak and kabobs over occasionally.
- Place steak and kabobs on grill over medium coals. Grill 16 to 20 minutes to desired doneness, turning over occasionally. *Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.