(Yield: 6 servings)
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium pattypan squash
1 medium yellow crookneck squash, cut in half lengthwise
1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
1 medium-size red or green bell pepper
6 medium-size fresh mushrooms
6 (8-inch) metal or bamboo skewers*
1-1/2-pound boneless beef sirloin steak, about 1-1/4 inches thick
- Combine soy sauce, wine, cilantro, onion powder and black pepper.
- Cut squash and bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Bring about 1 quart water to boil in large saucepan; add squash. Remove pan from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain squash; rinse immediately with cold water until completely cool. Drain thoroughly.
- Thread squash alternately with pepper on skewers, ending with mushroom.
- Place steak and vegetable kabobs in large shallow pan; pour marinade over all. Brush steak and kabobs thoroughly with marinade. Marinate about 30 minutes, turning steak and kabobs over occasionally.
- Place steak and kabobs on grill over medium coals. Grill 16 to 20 minutes to desired doneness, turning over occasionally. *Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.