Ingredients (Yield: 4 appetizer servings)
1/2 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups bean sprouts
1/2 cup sliced onion
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
8 sheets egg roll skins
1/2 cup Bisquick
1 egg, beaten
Vegetable oil for frying
Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
Hot mustard (optional)
- Combine pork, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, sherry and garlic salt; mix well. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Brown pork mixture in large skillet in hot oil. Add bean sprouts, onion and 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, but still crisp. Drain and cool.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Place about 1/3 cup pork-vegetable mixture on lower half of egg roll skin. Moisten left and right edges with cornstarch and water mixture. Fold bottom edge up just to cover filling, left and right edges 1/2 inch over and roll jelly-roll fashion. Moisten top edge with cornstarch mixture and seal. Complete all egg rolls.
- Mix together Bisquick, 1/2 cup water and egg. Dip each roll in batter. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain.
- Slice each roll into 4 pieces. Serve with sweet & sour sauce or hot mustard, if desired.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce.