Home Cooks > Recipes > Artichokes with Zesty Blue Cheese Dip
Yield: Yield: 4 servings
4 medium (about 8 oz. each) artichokes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons minced green onions and tops
1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
Grated peel and juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- To prepare artichokes, slice 1 inch off tops; discard. Cut off stems even with base; remove small outer leaves. Trim off sharp leaf tips (about 1/2 inch) with kitchen shears or paring knife. Rinse artichokes under cold water. (To prevent darkening, rub lemon half on cut edges of artichokes.)
- Arrange artichokes upright in saucepan. Add water to depth of 2 inches; add salt. Bring water to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 to 30 minutes, or until leaves pull out easily.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, mushrooms, green onions, blue cheese, less sodium soy sauce, lemon juice and peel; chill.
- Drain artichokes; cool enough to handle. Gently spread open center leaves; remove choke (fuzzy) portion from center with spoon.
- To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup blue cheese mixture into center of each artichoke.