(Makes about 10 cups)
6 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
6 cups Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk, divided
1/2 cup brandy or rum*
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Beat egg yolks and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until blended.
- Scald 4 cups soymilk in large saucepan; gradually stir hot soymilk into yolks. Return mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture coats back of metal spoon, about 25 minutes.
- Place pan in larger ice-filled bowl until mixture cools, stirring frequently. Remove pan from ice. Cover surface of soymilk mixture with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine soymilk mixture, brandy and remaining 2 cups soymilk in large bowl; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Sprinkle salt over room temperature egg whites; beat until frothy. Gradually sprinkle in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating just until soft peaks form. Fold whites into soymilk mixture until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve (up to several hours).
- Pour eggnog into large punch bowl. Stir before serving and sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. *For a non-alcoholic beverage, substitute liqueur with 1/2 cup Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk and 2 Tbsp. imitation brandy or rum extract.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.