(Makes about 10 cups)
6 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
6 cups Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk, divided
1/2 cup brandy or rum*
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground nutmeg (optional)
- Beat egg yolks and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until blended.
- Scald 4 cups soymilk in large saucepan; gradually stir hot soymilk into yolks. Return mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture coats back of metal spoon, about 25 minutes.
- Place pan in larger ice-filled bowl until mixture cools, stirring frequently. Remove pan from ice. Cover surface of soymilk mixture with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine soymilk mixture, brandy and remaining 2 cups soymilk in large bowl; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Sprinkle salt over room temperature egg whites; beat until frothy. Gradually sprinkle in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating just until soft peaks form. Fold whites into soymilk mixture until blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve (up to several hours).
- Pour eggnog into large punch bowl. Stir before serving and sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. *For a non-alcoholic beverage, substitute liqueur with 1/2 cup Pearl Creamy Vanilla Organic Soymilk and 2 Tbsp. imitation brandy or rum extract.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.