Home Cooks > Recipes > Red Curry Chicken
Yield: Yield: 4 servings 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (nam pla), divided
2 large cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Thai Style Chili Sauce
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 tablespoon red curry powder
1-1/4 pounds assorted bell peppers (red, orange and/or green),
cut into 3/4-inch squares
1 bunch green onions and tops, cut into 1-inch lengths,
separating whites from tops
Hot cooked rice
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch square pieces; coat with 2 teaspoons fish sauce and garlic in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut milk, chili sauce and remaining 1 Tbsp. fish sauce.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 3 minutes; remove.
- Reduce heat to medium; add remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and curry powder and sauté 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk mixture, bell peppers and whites of green onions; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and green onion tops; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is heated through.
- Spoon mixture over rice and top with cilantro.