Ingredients (Yield: 6 appetizer servings)
12 medium-size raw shrimp in shell, deveined
1/4 pound uncooked rice flour vermicelli or capellini (angel hair pasta)
12 round (8-1/2-inch in diameter) rice paper sheets
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
1-1/2 cups grated carrots
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, about 1 bunch
3/4 cup Kikkoman Ponzu
- Cook shrimp in boiling water about 2 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Peel shrimp and cut in half lengthwise.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly.
- Soak 1 sheet of rice paper in warm water in pie or cake pan until just pliable. Remove and place rice paper flat on sheet of plastic wrap. Arrange 2 shrimp halves in lower center portion of rice paper. Top with small amounts of noodles, cucumber, carrot and cilantro, leaving a 1-inch border around edges. Fold in sides of rice paper over filling. Starting from the bottom, roll up tightly. Place roll, seam side down, on cookie sheet or pan lined with plastic wrap and cover with additional plastic wrap.
- Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper, noodles and vegetables.*
- Cut each roll in half at slight angle and serve with ponzu as a dipping sauce. *Rolls may be made ahead of time and chilled up to 4 hours before serving.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce.