Home Cooks > Recipes > Salmon-Crab Cakes with Three Sauces
(Yield: 4 servings) 1 can (14.75 oz.) pink salmon, drained
8 ounces imitation crabmeat
1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 bread slices, crust removed)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup minced green onions and tops
2/3 cup mayonnaise
Three Ponzu Sauces*
3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Remove large pieces of cartilage and skin from salmon; place salmon in bowl.
- Shred crabmeat with fingers. Add crabmeat, bread crumbs, celery and green onions to salmon; toss to combine.
- Gently stir mayonnaise into salmon mixture until blended. Shape into 8 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Ponzu Sauces.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 4 patties; cook 2 minutes on each side, or until heated through and golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining patties, adding more oil, if necessary.
- Serve warm with Ponzu Sauces. *Prepare one or all three sauces as desired.
Simply Ponzu: Pour 1/4 cup Kikkoman Ponzu into small bowl. Ponzu-Dill Sauce: Combine 1/4 cup Kikkoman Ponzu and 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill weed in small bowl. Creamy Citrus Sauce: Gradually blend 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Ponzu into 1/2 cup mayonnaise; serve in small bowl.