(Yield: 4 servings)
1 can (14.75 oz.) pink salmon, drained
8 ounces imitation crabmeat
1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 bread slices, crust removed)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup minced green onions and tops
2/3 cup mayonnaise
Three Ponzu Sauces*
3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Remove large pieces of cartilage and skin from salmon; place salmon in bowl.
- Shred crabmeat with fingers. Add crabmeat, bread crumbs, celery and green onions to salmon; toss to combine.
- Gently stir mayonnaise into salmon mixture until blended. Shape into 8 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Ponzu Sauces.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 4 patties; cook 2 minutes on each side, or until heated through and golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining patties, adding more oil, if necessary.
- Serve warm with Ponzu Sauces. *Prepare one or all three sauces as desired.
Simply Ponzu: Pour 1/4 cup Kikkoman Ponzu into small bowl. Ponzu-Dill Sauce: Combine 1/4 cup Kikkoman Ponzu and 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill weed in small bowl. Creamy Citrus Sauce: Gradually blend 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Ponzu into 1/2 cup mayonnaise; serve in small bowl.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.