(Yield: 4 servings)
1/2 cup uncooked rice
6 ounces fresh or thawed medium-size shrimp
1 pound ground pork
2/3 cup chopped green onions and tops
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Cover rice with warm water and let stand 20 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, peel and devein shrimp; mince.
- Combine shrimp with pork, green onions, soy sauce, sherry, garlic and rice; mix well. Divide into 8 equal-size portions; shape portions into meatballs. Arrange meatballs on steamer rack.
- Set rack in large saucepan of boiling water. (Do not allow water level to reach meatballs.) Cover saucepan and steam 45 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked.
- Serve with Peach Sauce. *Shanghai Peach Sauce: Drain 1 can (16 oz.) sliced peaches in syrup; reserve 2 Tbsp. syrup. Place peaches in blender container. Whirl on high speed until smooth; pour into small saucepan. Combine 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon cornstarch; stir into peaches with 1/4 teaspoon fennel, crushed; 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; dash ground cloves and reserved peach syrup. Bring mixture to boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Serve warm with meatballs.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.