Home Cooks > Recipes > Emperor Meatballs with Shanghai Peach Sauce
Yield: Yield: 4 servings 1/2 cup uncooked rice
6 ounces fresh or thawed medium-size shrimp
1 pound ground pork
2/3 cup chopped green onions and tops
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Cover rice with warm water and let stand 20 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, peel and devein shrimp; mince.
- Combine shrimp with pork, green onions, soy sauce, sherry, garlic and rice; mix well. Divide into 8 equal-size portions; shape portions into meatballs. Arrange meatballs on steamer rack.
- Set rack in large saucepan of boiling water. (Do not allow water level to reach meatballs.) Cover saucepan and steam 45 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked.
- Serve with Peach Sauce. *Shanghai Peach Sauce: Drain 1 can (16 oz.) sliced peaches in syrup; reserve 2 Tbsp. syrup. Place peaches in blender container. Whirl on high speed until smooth; pour into small saucepan. Combine 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon cornstarch; stir into peaches with 1/4 teaspoon fennel, crushed; 1/8 teaspoon black pepper; dash ground cloves and reserved peach syrup. Bring mixture to boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Serve warm with meatballs.