Home Cooks > Recipes > Mushroom Bruschetta
Yield: Makes 12 to 14 servings 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
Generous pinch crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups thinly sliced crimini mushrooms (about 6 oz.)
1 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 2 oz.)
1/4 cup Pearl Original Organic Soymilk
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Premium or Organic Soy Sauce
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced, do not seed or peel
1 to 2 sprigs fresh basil, leaves removed from stems, finely shredded
Whole grain baguette
- Place oil, garlic and onion in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- When the onions begin to sizzle, add crushed red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, Pearl Soymilk and soy sauce. Sauté until mushrooms are just tender and all the liquid has been absorbed into the mushrooms, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes and basil.
- Slice baguette in thin diagonals and arrange on a serving platter.
- Spoon tablespoonful mushroom topping onto the bread slices and serve immediately.Recipe courtesy of Christina Pirello, star of a PBS television show.