(Makes 12 to 14 servings)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
Generous pinch crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups thinly sliced crimini mushrooms (about 6 oz.)
1 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 2 oz.)
1/4 cup Pearl Original Organic Soymilk
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Premium or Organic Soy Sauce
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced, do not seed or peel
1 to 2 sprigs fresh basil, leaves removed from stems, finely shredded
Whole grain baguette
- Place oil, garlic and onion in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- When the onions begin to sizzle, add crushed red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, Pearl Soymilk and soy sauce. Sauté until mushrooms are just tender and all the liquid has been absorbed into the mushrooms, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes and basil.
- Slice baguette in thin diagonals and arrange on a serving platter.
- Spoon tablespoonful mushroom topping onto the bread slices and serve immediately.Recipe courtesy of Christina Pirello, star of a PBS television show.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.