Home Cooks > Recipes > Ginger Beef Roast
(Yield: 8 servings) 2-pound beef eye round roast
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted and crushed
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Combine soy sauce, sesame seed, sherry, oil, ginger, garlic, sugar and 2 Tbsp. water; set aside.
- Butterfly beef eye round roast by cutting horizontally through center (parallel to surface of meat) the length and width of the roast. Do not cut though opposite side . Meat should lie flat.
- Place roast and soy sauce mixture in large plastic bag. Press air out of bag; close securely. Turn bag over several times to coat both sides of roast.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, turning over occasionally.
- Reserving marinade, remove roast and place on broiler pan so surface of meat is about 5 inches from heat source.
- Broil 10 minutes; turn roast over and brush with reserved marinade. Broil 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Cut roast lengthwise through center to separate into 2 pieces. Carve each piece into thin slices. Arrange on serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro.