(Yield: 8 servings)
2-pound beef eye round roast
1/4 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted and crushed
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Combine soy sauce, sesame seed, sherry, oil, ginger, garlic, sugar and 2 Tbsp. water; set aside.
- Butterfly beef eye round roast by cutting horizontally through center (parallel to surface of meat) the length and width of the roast. Do not cut though opposite side . Meat should lie flat.
- Place roast and soy sauce mixture in large plastic bag. Press air out of bag; close securely. Turn bag over several times to coat both sides of roast.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, turning over occasionally.
- Reserving marinade, remove roast and place on broiler pan so surface of meat is about 5 inches from heat source.
- Broil 10 minutes; turn roast over and brush with reserved marinade. Broil 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Cut roast lengthwise through center to separate into 2 pieces. Carve each piece into thin slices. Arrange on serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
If you like this, try...
on ONE (1) Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.