(Yield: 6 servings)
1-pound boneless lamb leg or shoulder
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 medium carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths, separating whites from tops
Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cut lamb across grain into long, thin slices.
- Combine 1 Tbsp. each soy sauce and cornstarch with garlic in small bowl; stir in lamb. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining soy sauce, 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, sesame seed, sugar, pepper and 3/4 cup water; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add lamb and stir-fry 1 minute; remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add carrots and white parts of green onions; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add green onion tops; stir-fry 1 minute. Add lamb and soy sauce mixture.
- Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serve immediately with rice, if desired.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Sauce 10 oz. or larger
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.