Home Cooks > Recipes > Mongolian Lamb
(Yield: 6 servings) 1-pound boneless lamb leg or shoulder
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 medium carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths, separating whites from tops
Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cut lamb across grain into long, thin slices.
- Combine 1 Tbsp. each soy sauce and cornstarch with garlic in small bowl; stir in lamb. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining soy sauce, 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, sesame seed, sugar, pepper and 3/4 cup water; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add lamb and stir-fry 1 minute; remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add carrots and white parts of green onions; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add green onion tops; stir-fry 1 minute. Add lamb and soy sauce mixture.
- Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serve immediately with rice, if desired.