(Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
16 bags black tea leaves (1-1/4 oz.)
1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
3 pounds pork spareribs, sawed in thirds across bones
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Remove tea leaves from bags; combine with fennel, ginger, cloves and black pepper.
- Thoroughly spray large rack and large shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle tea mixture evenly in pan.
- Cut ribs into 1-rib pieces and place, meaty side up, on rack over tea mixture.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350°F. 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine teriyaki baste & glaze, ketchup, garlic and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Remove ribs from oven; reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Reserving about 2 Tbsp., brush both sides of ribs with baste & glaze mixture; return to oven and bake, uncovered, 40 minutes.
- Brush tops of ribs with reserved baste & glaze mixture and bake 5 minutes longer.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.