(Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
16 bags black tea leaves (1-1/4 oz.)
1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
3 pounds pork spareribs, sawed in thirds across bones
1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Remove tea leaves from bags; combine with fennel, ginger, cloves and black pepper.
- Thoroughly spray large rack and large shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle tea mixture evenly in pan.
- Cut ribs into 1-rib pieces and place, meaty side up, on rack over tea mixture.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350°F. 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine teriyaki baste & glaze, ketchup, garlic and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- Remove ribs from oven; reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Reserving about 2 Tbsp., brush both sides of ribs with baste & glaze mixture; return to oven and bake, uncovered, 40 minutes.
- Brush tops of ribs with reserved baste & glaze mixture and bake 5 minutes longer.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.