(Yield: 6 servings)
3-pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt)
1/2 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- Cut pork in half lengthwise. Pierce all sides of both halves with fork; place pieces in large plastic bag.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger, garlic and food coloring; pour over pork. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn over several times to coat pieces well.
- Refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning bag over occasionally.
- Reserving marinade, remove pieces and place on rack in shallow pan; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake at 325°F. 30 minutes.
- Discard foil; continue baking 1 hour and 15 minutes longer, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 170°. Brush pieces with reserved marinade 2 or 3 times during baking.
- To serve, cut across grain into thin slices.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.