Home Cooks > Recipes > Lion's Head Meatballs
(Yield: 4 to 6 servings) 6 large bok choy cabbage leaves, washed
3/4 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 pound imitation crab meat, flaked
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce, divided
- Remove stems from bok choy; chop enough to measure 1 cup and set aside.
- Place leaves in 9 x 13-inch microwave-safe baking dish; add enough warm water to fill half of dish. Cover dish; microwave on High 5 minutes.
- Uncover; drain. Cool leaves with cold water; drain. Lay leaves out flat on paper towels; set aside.
- Thoroughly combine beef, pork, crab, bok choy stems, green onions, ginger and 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce.
- Divide mixture equally into 6 portions. Shape each portion into large ball; enclose in 1 bok choy leaf and place in 9 x 13-inch microwave-safe baking dish.
- Cover dish; microwave on Medium-high (70%) 6 minutes.
- Uncover; brush tops of meatballs lightly with remaining 1 Tbsp. stir-fry sauce.
- Cover; microwave on Medium-high (70%) 7 minutes longer. Serve immediately.