Home Cooks > Recipes > Cucumber Fan Salad
(Yield: 6 servings)
2 large cucumbers
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame seed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/4 cup Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Trim and discard ends off each cucumber, then peel lengthwise with vegetable peeler to form stripes. Cut each cucumber in half lengthwise; remove seeds.
- Slice each half crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Score each piece crosswise, making cuts close together to within 1/4-inch of edge.
- Place cucumber in bowl and sprinkle evenly with salt; let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seed in small dry skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and stir in oil and red pepper; cool.
- Blend vinegar, sugar and soy sauce; stir into sesame-oil mixture.
- Rinse cucumber pieces, drain and pat dry; return to bowl.
- Pour dressing over cucumbers and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cucumbers from dressing. Gently spread each piece to form a fan and arrange on serving dish.