(Yield: 6 servings)
1/4 pound lean ground pork
2 ounces medium-size raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
2 tablespoons minced green onions and tops
4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
24 wonton wrappers
4 cups water
3 cans (about 14 oz. each) chicken broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 pound bok choy cabbage
2 tablespoons chopped green onions and tops
1/2 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
- Combine pork, shrimp, minced green onions, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in medium bowl; mix well.
- Arrange several wonton wrappers on clean surface; cover remaining wrappers to prevent drying out.
- Place 1 teaspoonful pork mixture in center of each wrapper. Fold wrapper over filling to form a triangle. Gently fold center point down and moisten left corner with water. Twist and overlap opposite corner over moistened corner; press firmly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Add wontons. Boil gently 3 minutes; remove with slotted spoon. Discard water. Pour broth and sherry into same saucepan.
- Cut bok choy crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, separating stems from leaves.
- Add stems to broth mixture; bring to boil. Add cooked wontons; simmer 1 minute. Add bok choy leaves and chopped green onions; simmer 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.