(Yield: 6 servings)
1/4 pound lean ground pork
2 ounces medium-size raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
2 tablespoons minced green onions and tops
4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
24 wonton wrappers
4 cups water
3 cans (about 14 oz. each) chicken broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 pound bok choy cabbage
2 tablespoons chopped green onions and tops
1/2 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
- Combine pork, shrimp, minced green onions, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in medium bowl; mix well.
- Arrange several wonton wrappers on clean surface; cover remaining wrappers to prevent drying out.
- Place 1 teaspoonful pork mixture in center of each wrapper. Fold wrapper over filling to form a triangle. Gently fold center point down and moisten left corner with water. Twist and overlap opposite corner over moistened corner; press firmly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Add wontons. Boil gently 3 minutes; remove with slotted spoon. Discard water. Pour broth and sherry into same saucepan.
- Cut bok choy crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, separating stems from leaves.
- Add stems to broth mixture; bring to boil. Add cooked wontons; simmer 1 minute. Add bok choy leaves and chopped green onions; simmer 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve immediately.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Sauce 10 oz. or larger
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.