Ingredients (Yield: 4 servings)
3 cups thinly sliced onions
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2-1/2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
4 New York strip steaks, about 10 to 12 ounces each*
1/2 cup prepared beef broth
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Gruyere cheese
2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Cook onions and garlic in 3 Tbsp. hot oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, 20 to 30 minutes, or until onions are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1 Tbsp. soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Thoroughly rub steaks with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil; sprinkle with pepper. Grill or broil steaks, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (for medium-rare), or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat broth, remaining 1-1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; keep hot.
- Place steaks in shallow baking pan; top each steak with equal amount of onion mixture and cheese.
- Broil, 3 to 4 inches away from heat source, until cheese starts to melt and is lightly browned.
- Place steaks on four individual plates; spoon 3 Tbsp. warm broth mixture over each steak and garnish with chives. * For smaller servings, cut cooked steaks in half.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce.