Home Cooks > Recipes > California Chicken Florentine
Yield: Yield: 4 to 6 servings 3 large whole chicken breasts, halved and boned
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons dry white wine
1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach,
thawed and well drained
4 tablespoons dairy sour cream, divided
2 teaspoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper; pound gently and evenly until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Combine 3 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce and wine in large shallow pan. Add chicken; turn over to coat both sides. Marinate 30 minutes; turn pieces over once or twice.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, 2 Tbsp. sour cream, 2 teaspoons less sodium soy sauce and nutmeg.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Spoon 1 rounded Tbsp. spinach mixture lengthwise along center of each breast. Roll chicken over filling, lengthwise, and secure with string in 3 places. Place breasts, seam side down, in single layer in lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F. 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender; brush occasionally with reserved marinade during first 20 minutes of cooking.
- Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine pan juices with remaining marinade; add enough water to measure 3/4 cup. Combine mixture with cornstarch in saucepan. Bring to boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in remaining sour cream.
- To serve, remove strings and cover chicken with sauce.