Ingredients (Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
1 fresh or thawed duckling, quartered
1 can (16 oz.) pear halves in heavy syrup
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
1 cinnamon stick, about 3 inches long
- Wash duckling quarters; dry thoroughly with paper toweling.
- Heat large skillet or Dutch oven until hot over medium heat. Add duckling quarters and brown slowly on both sides, about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, drain pears; reserve all syrup. Remove 1/4 cup pear syrup and combine with stir-fry sauce.
- Drain off fat from skillet. Pour syrup mixture over duckling; add cinnamon stick. Cover and simmer 40 minutes, turning quarters over once.
- Remove duckling to serving platter; keep warm.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Pour drippings into measuring cup; skim off fat. Combine 1/2 cup drippings with 2 tablespoons reserved pear syrup; return to skillet with pears.
- Gently bring to boil and cook until pears are heated through; stir occasionally. Serve duckling with pears and sauce.
If you like this, try...
On any one (1) Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce.