(Yield: 3 to 4 servings)
1 fresh or thawed duckling, quartered
1 can (16 oz.) pear halves in heavy syrup
1/3 cup Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce
1 cinnamon stick, about 3 inches long
- Wash duckling quarters; dry thoroughly with paper toweling.
- Heat large skillet or Dutch oven until hot over medium heat. Add duckling quarters and brown slowly on both sides, about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, drain pears; reserve all syrup. Remove 1/4 cup pear syrup and combine with stir-fry sauce.
- Drain off fat from skillet. Pour syrup mixture over duckling; add cinnamon stick. Cover and simmer 40 minutes, turning quarters over once.
- Remove duckling to serving platter; keep warm.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Pour drippings into measuring cup; skim off fat. Combine 1/2 cup drippings with 2 tablespoons reserved pear syrup; return to skillet with pears.
- Gently bring to boil and cook until pears are heated through; stir occasionally. Serve duckling with pears and sauce.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.