(Yield: 4 servings)
4 fresh or thawed Rock Cornish hens
1 can (8 oz.) jellied cranberry sauce
1 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Rinse under cold running water; drain well and pat dry.
- Combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, less sodium soy sauce, onion powder, cinnamon and 3 Tbsp. water in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until cranberry sauce dissolves and mixture is smooth (do not boil). Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place hens, breast side up, on rack in shallow pan. Thoroughly brush cavitites and skin of hens with glaze.
- Bake in 375°F. oven 70 minutes, brushing hens with glaze every 35 minutes.
- Cover hens loosely with aluminum foil; return to oven and bake 30 minutes longer, or until hens are tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce OR Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.