(Yield: 4 servings)
4 fresh or thawed Rock Cornish hens
1 can (8 oz.) jellied cranberry sauce
1 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove and discard giblets and necks from hens. Rinse under cold running water; drain well and pat dry.
- Combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, less sodium soy sauce, onion powder, cinnamon and 3 Tbsp. water in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until cranberry sauce dissolves and mixture is smooth (do not boil). Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place hens, breast side up, on rack in shallow pan. Thoroughly brush cavitites and skin of hens with glaze.
- Bake in 375°F. oven 70 minutes, brushing hens with glaze every 35 minutes.
- Cover hens loosely with aluminum foil; return to oven and bake 30 minutes longer, or until hens are tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.