(Yield: 4 servings)
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lime peel
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
1-1/4 pounds large prawns, peeled and deveined
1 yellow or red bell pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Combine soy sauce, lime peel and juice, honey, hot pepper sauce and 1 Tbsp. oil; pour over prawns in large plastic food storage bag. Press air out of bag; close top securely. Turn bag over several times to coat prawns well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Reserving marinade, drain prawns.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in skillet over high heat until hot. Add bell pepper; cook and stir about 1-1/2 minutes. Transfer to serving platter.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet until hot. Add prawns and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add reserved marinade and cook with prawns about 1 minute longer, or until prawns are cooked. Transfer prawns to platter, leaving sauce in pan.
- Add butter to sauce and cook about 1 minute, or until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Pour sauce over prawns.
- Serve with Tomato Risotto, if desired. *Click here for Tomato Risotto recipe.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.