Home Cooks > Recipes > Chicken & Mushrooms A La Provencal
Yield: Yield: 4 servings 1/4 cup tomato paste
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon sugar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup chopped onion
Hot cooked rice
- Blend tomato paste, 1 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce, wine, sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper. Brown chicken on both sides in hot oil over medium-high heat in large skillet; remove.
- Add mushrooms and onion to same pan; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste mixture. Arrange chicken in sauce. Cover and simmer 12 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center; remove to serving platter.
- Stir remaining 2 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce into mushroom sauce.
- Serve chicken with sauce and rice.