(Yield: 4 servings)
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon sugar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup chopped onion
Hot cooked rice
- Blend tomato paste, 1 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce, wine, sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper. Brown chicken on both sides in hot oil over medium-high heat in large skillet; remove.
- Add mushrooms and onion to same pan; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste mixture. Arrange chicken in sauce. Cover and simmer 12 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center; remove to serving platter.
- Stir remaining 2 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce into mushroom sauce.
- Serve chicken with sauce and rice.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.