(Yield: 4 servings)
2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and seeded
1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons dry sherry
1 cup low-fat milk
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
Light dairy sour cream (optional)
- Cut squash into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Combine basil, rosemary and 1-1/2 cups water in large saucepan or Dutch oven; bring to boil. Add squash; cover and return to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 45 minutes, gently stirring occasionally.
- Reserving 1 cup squash, pour remaining squash and liquid into blender or food processor container. Cover and process until smooth; return to saucepan.
- Blend flour and 1/4 cup water; stir into squash mixture with sherry. Bring to boil; reduce heat and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in milk and less sodium soy sauce until blended. Add reserved squash and cook until heated through.
- Garnish each serving with dollop of sour cream and walnuts.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.