(Yield: 12 appetizers)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
2 teaspoons milk
Assorted crackers or melba toast rounds
2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin orange segments, drained
- Combine cream cheese with teriyaki sauce and milk in medium-size bowl; whip with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Divide mixture into 2 separate bowls; use half of mixture to spread or pipe onto assorted crackers, or use with one of the spreads listed below.
- Stir ginger into remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread or pipe onto crackers; garnish each with orange segment.
- Shrimp Spread: Rinse and drain 1 can (2-1/2 oz.) baby shrimp. Remove 16 shrimp. Mince remaining shrimp; stir into cream cheese, teriyaki sauce, milk portion. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder; blend until smooth. Garnish with reserved shrimp.
- Parsley-Celery Spread: Add 2 Tbsp. each minced fresh parsley and minced celery and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) to cream cheese, teriyaki sauce, milk portion, blending until smooth. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.