Home Cooks > Recipes > Savory Canape Spreads
(Yield: 12 appetizers) 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
2 teaspoons milk
Assorted crackers or melba toast rounds
2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin orange segments, drained
- Combine cream cheese with teriyaki sauce and milk in medium-size bowl; whip with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Divide mixture into 2 separate bowls; use half of mixture to spread or pipe onto assorted crackers, or use with one of the spreads listed below.
- Stir ginger into remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread or pipe onto crackers; garnish each with orange segment.
- Shrimp Spread: Rinse and drain 1 can (2-1/2 oz.) baby shrimp. Remove 16 shrimp. Mince remaining shrimp; stir into cream cheese, teriyaki sauce, milk portion. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder; blend until smooth. Garnish with reserved shrimp.
- Parsley-Celery Spread: Add 2 Tbsp. each minced fresh parsley and minced celery and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) to cream cheese, teriyaki sauce, milk portion, blending until smooth. Garnish with parsley sprigs.