Home Cooks > Recipes > Winter White Bean Soup
Yield: Yield: 6 to 8 servings
1/2 pound dry great Northern beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 carrots, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 can (14 oz.) vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
1/2 pound mustard greens or kale
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sort and rinse beans; place in large bowl. Pour in 2 quarts cold water; cover and soak beans overnight. Drain beans.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over high heat. Add carrots and onion; sauté 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in broth, bay leaf, roasted garlic teriyaki sauce, beans and 4 cups water; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, discard stems and center ribs from mustard greens; cut leaves into 2-inch pieces. Stir mustard greens into soup. Cook, covered, 25 minutes longer, or until beans are tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Spoon soup into serving bowls; top with Garlic Croutons and cheese. *Garlic Croutons: Cut eight 1/2-inch-thick slices French bread into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl. Beat together 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce with fork until blended. Pour over bread cubes; toss to evenly coat all pieces. Turn out onto large baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 6 minutes. Stir and bake 6 minutes longer, or until golden brown and crispy. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack. Makes about 4 cups.