(Yield: 4 servings)
16 large sea scallops (about 1-1/4 pounds)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Black Bean Sauce with Garlic
1 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon slivered fresh ginger root
1/4 cup diagonally, thinly sliced green onions and tops
- Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Toss scallops with oil in bowl until well coated.
- Combine black bean sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and 3 Tbsp. water.
- Heat heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place scallops in single layer in pan. Cook 2 minutes until browned and slightly blackened around edges. Turn scallops over; cook about 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until opaque and cooked through. (Reduce heat during last minute of cooking if pan becomes too hot.)
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in ginger and black bean sauce mixture. Return pan to medium heat; cook just until sauce is heated through.
- Place scallops and sauce on warm serving platter; sprinkle green onions over scallops.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce 10 oz. or larger.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.