(Yield: 4 servings)
16 large sea scallops (about 1-1/4 pounds)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Kikkoman Black Bean Sauce with Garlic
1 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon slivered fresh ginger root
1/4 cup diagonally, thinly sliced green onions and tops
- Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. Toss scallops with oil in bowl until well coated.
- Combine black bean sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and 3 Tbsp. water.
- Heat heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Place scallops in single layer in pan. Cook 2 minutes until browned and slightly blackened around edges. Turn scallops over; cook about 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until opaque and cooked through. (Reduce heat during last minute of cooking if pan becomes too hot.)
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in ginger and black bean sauce mixture. Return pan to medium heat; cook just until sauce is heated through.
- Place scallops and sauce on warm serving platter; sprinkle green onions over scallops.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce.
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.