(Yield: 4 servings)
1 package (14 to 16 oz.) firm tofu, rinsed and drained
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 carrot, julienned
1/4 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
1 pound mixed fresh mushrooms (button, crimini and shiitake*),
cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
1/3 cup Kikkoman Black Bean Sauce with Garlic
1-1/2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Hot cooked rice
- Cut tofu into 3/4-inch cubes; separate and drain on layers of paper towels 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend cornstarch with 1/4 cup water.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add carrot and snow peas; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add tofu; cook, stirring gently, 1 minute.
- Stir in black bean sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Serve with rice. *Remove and discard stems from shiitake.
If you like this, try...
On any ONE (1) Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
On the purchase of TWO (2) boxes of Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
On any one (1) Kikkoman product.